Thursday, September 16, 2010

Letter to the Editor (Secret Ingredient Revealed)

Dear Creepyolderguy,
    I don't think it's fair for you to tease us with this so called awesome pasta sauce recipe and then withhold the "secret ingredient" from us.  What kind of person does that?  You're just like every other man.
Signed,
Pissed in Peoria

Dear Pissed,
Yikes!  I did not mean to aggravate you by holding back my secret ingredient so without further delay I'll give it to you now.  You must be careful about telling loved ones what it is, as it is my experience that most people turn up their nose at the idea of ingesting this stuff.  It will give your sauce a depth you never could of imagined.  The envelope please... it is ANCHOVY PASTE.  Yes that's right squeeze one inch of anchovy paste into the onions as they are sauteing, stir it good and it will dissolve in the oil with no one the wiser.  Anchovy paste comes in a tube and can be found at grocers everywhere in the canned fish section.  Mangia!!
PS:  I'd be pissed in Peoria too.  The recipe is here.

No comments: